6.11.2013

St. Louis :: Sunday

Homebound!

We stopped and ate brunch before heading out of town. . .

 

IMG_0419

At Stratton’s Café!

IMG_0425

The food was really fresh and yummy!

Then we hit the road. We made a pit stop in Sikeston, MO (so I could use my Carter’s rewards that was about to expire! I stocked up on play shorts for S and jammies for A) and grabbed Stratton a snack. We drove through some really hard rain, but not much storming. When we got to about Paragould we got a text that Craighead County was under a severe thunderstorm warning. I didn’t get too concerned, but kept an eye on the radar. We didn’t actually drive through much of that storm, I guess we went around it. So when we got home we were surprised to see this as we pulled into the driveway. . . .

IMG_0427

Our Maple Tree died. I guess the wind did it in? It made me so sad! We had it planted the June before Stratton was born, when we had the front re-landscaped, so it’s almost 4 years old. I guess our anniversary present this year will probably be a new tree! Or maybe I will get Jarrod one for father’s day. . .and oh by the way you can plant it.  . . he’d love that! Haha.

After unloading, and assessing the dead tree situation. We jumped in the truck and headed to Hickory Ridge to pick Arden up (and the dog, they actually both stayed with gigi and pops). Arden was happy to see us, but didn’t act like she felt too good. Even though she wasn’t running a fever, I ended up taking her to the Doctor Monday and no surprise, she has another bad ear infection. They gave her a shot of rocephin and put her on another antibiotic. Luckily we have an appointment with the new ENT on Wednesday! I hope they don’t make us wait too long to do the tubes! I am ready for her to get well and stay well!

No comments: