We had a great Christmas. We got to spend lots of time with our families and friends. I thoroughly enjoyed my week and a half off work. I slept in several days and even spent a couple days in my pj's, and you can't beat that!! I haven't taken my xmas stuff down yet, I kept saying I would do it tomorrow, and it's still up! Oh well, maybe I will do it tomorrow. . . .
We didn't do much to ring in the new year, we went to church and then a group of us went out to eat and after eating we were all tired so we went our separate ways. Jarrod and I ran by the movie gallery and rented some movies. We were up to see in the new year, but we were asleep not long after. I can't get over how old we are??
So I wanted to go over my resolutions from last year and see how I did, this is a time for reflection afterall. . .
My 2008 Resolutions, and how I did. . .
1. Laugh everyday, I'm sure it will be mostly at myself. ~check!
2. Spend more time in prayer. It's so easy to get busy and forget, I have to make the time this year. ~check, but I can always do better.
3. Study the Bible everyday and try to keep up nightly devotional and prayer with Jarrod. ~check! (except for the month of September when Jarrod was gone!)
4. Lose 10lbs! Ha! It's a long shot but it's a worthy and attainable weight-loss goal. ~Ha! Didn't even come close, if anything I gained another 10!
5. Eat better, less mac & cheese and more salads! ugh. ~Let's not even go there. . .
6. Smile more, even when it hurts! Even in the morning before I get my coffee. . . ~ it's still a work in progress, you can't expect me to change over night. . . .or in just a year?!?
7. Save more money! again, ugh. ~hmm, we could have done a lot better.
8. Take vitamins everyday, uh. . .starting tomorrow! ~check!
9. Talk less, and listen more. It's sooooo hard for me to to! ~I think I made some definite progress this year, but I will keep working on this,too!
10. Worry less, especially about things I cannot change. I need to accept that God is in control and put my trust in him. ~I have been trying a lot harder, and doing better, I think. But I have a long way to go still!
I think I will keep the same list again this year, I don't think I did too bad. There is definitely room for improvement though. But this year is going to have a lot more challenges than the last, so I don't think I will impose any new goals on myself!
Happy new year everyone, I hope you have a great year in 2009!