6.11.2013

St. Louis :: Saturday

We did manage to get up and out a little earlier. We stopped into a St. Louis Bread Co. and ate breakfast before heading to Grant’s Farm. I don’t know if I mentioned this but the weather was perfect! Mild temperatures, especially for June and little to no humidity! At night it was actually kind of cool! (Monday night at the ballgame, after being a human target for a bird passing by. . .it just hit my left leg thankfully! I ended up having to buy a sweatshirt I was so cold.)

Grant’s Farm was a lot of fun! Stratton enjoyed it as much as the zoo, I think. We spent a few hours there, there aren’t as many animals as I remembered but plenty to keep us busy. By the time we left he was passed out in the stroller and we took him to the Clydesdale barn, but he was so tired he could have cared less! He looked at the ones in the stables and then was ready to go!

Riding the truck/train thing to Grant’s farm

IMG_0382

Riding the carousel with mom this time

IMG_0384

Feeding the baby goats! He would have stayed all day with those goats!

IMG_0392

IMG_0394

And he got to ride a camel (he wanted dad to ride, too)

IMG_0400

After we left Grant’s Farm it was around 1:30 and we were starving so we thought we’d try to find Fitz’s Rootbeer and bottling company. I had seen where you could watch the bottling line from the restaurant and I thought that might be neat to see. We got lucky and they seated us right in front of the bottling line windows! It was really neat to watch. The food was great and of course the root beer was fantastic!

IMG_0402

IMG_0408

Right in front of our table was all the action!

IMG_0410

IMG_0412

After our adventure at Fitz’s we went back to the hotel to rest and clean up. Turns out we all feel asleep and I woke up at 5:30pm! We had planned to spend some time at the Galleria Mall and then stop in at the Cheesecake Factory for supper and dessert. Well it was 6:45 before we got to the mall. I did call ahead and make reservations for us at 7:30, but by the time we got parked and went into a couple of stores (Janie and Jack and Sperry) it was time for dinner! I wasn’t that hungry since I pigged out at lunch, so Stratton and I shared a small plate of chicken skewers and salad and saved room for the best part. . . the CHEESECAKE!!

IMG_0413 

Oreo on the left and Peanut Butter on the right.

IMG_0415

Pretty good end to a great day!

No comments: