6.11.2013

Catch up

Seriously? I just noticed I haven’t blogged in a month. That’s VERY unlike me, so it goes without saying I’ve been a tad busy!

Recap: In the past month we’ve been to 4 birthday parties; Lainey, Sawyer, Archer and Ella! I helped my friend Lori with Ella’s Minnie Mouse party and I hope she gets the pictures back from the photographer soon and I will post some of them, it was really cute.

Stratton had 3 t-ball games (2 were rained out), they wrapped up the season last Tuesday and had pictures, I can’t wait to see those!

Arden has had 2 ear infections. And we went back to the ENT (we are not impressed with the doc, so we are switching to another clinic) and will have to have tubes in the near future. We have an appointment with the new ENT tomorrow morning. I took her yesterday because she’s got the crud again and sure enough, another ear infection. We are running out of antibiotics to take! I hope they can get her procedure scheduled in the next week! I am ready for these ear infections to be done with!

I had a jewelry party. First time I have ever hosted a “sales party”. It went well even though the turnout was really low.That’s what I get for having something on Memorial Day weekend.

Jarrod has been working some crazy overtime. The week before last he was only home  2 nights before 9pm and a few nights were later than that. I think he had 40 hours overtime in the past 2 weeks! So needless to say, I have had the kids by myself quite a bit and luckily they’ve been pretty good, but I’m not a very good single parent!

I had a meeting in St. Louis (the annual Monsanto Partners Meeting) and then the boys came up on Thursday and we had a mini vacation, so I was out of town for a whole week. . .whew! A week away was tough. But Jarrod and I decided to make the most of it and we had a special trip planned for Stratton, more on that later.

Looking ahead things don’t get much better. Arden turns 9 months tomorrow! I’m sure they will do Arden’s surgery asap, Father’s Day is coming up, then VBS, we have the kids pictures scheduled with Jessica King again on the 22nd, two jewelry parties (Brandye and my mom both booked parties!) then I have a meeting in Minneapolis the last week in June (that Jarrod gets to tag-along to), Arden is has her 9 month check-up and Stratton will turn 4! All in the next 5 weeks!!! Wait. What?? Did I just type that Stratton will be 4?! I’d better get busy! I am turning into one of those mom’s that wait till the last minute (the ones that swore I’d never be and constantly berate because they should know their kid is having a birthday since it’s the same time every year and they have no excuse. . . .) Yikes. Maybe I’ll serve some crow with the cake and ice cream?

1 comment:

kristen g. said...

I've wondered what was going on with ya'll! Glad no one was (seriously) sick and you had a little time out of town. We must catch up soon!