8.17.2010

Evening on the farm

Wow the weather has been really nice! I forgot what it was like to be able to sit outside for more than two seconds and not be drenched with sweat! Tonight after work we went to HR so Jarrod could get his boat that was at Uncle Doug & Aunt Kay's house. We stopped and chatted with them for a little while before heading over to my mom and dad's for supper. Stratton had a big time playing in their yard. They got him a swing a few months back that he loves and my dad had set up the baby pool and got out his wagon. Their house is pretty much a toddler's dream. Lots of room to play and run around and lots of things to get into! And a couple of people who do whatever he wants!!

IMG_3136IMG_3140IMG_3134IMG_3132

IMG_3138 

Then we walked over to my grandparents house (well, Stratton rode in the wagon) and visited with them, and Stratton had his first encounter with a frog. It's gross, but when I was little I loved frogs. Especially the baby frogs, I liked to catch them and carry them around in my pockets! Ewww- right??  One night, while picking up and cleaning up, my mom opened my drawer in our bathroom and out jumped a bunch of baby frogs! Haha-I remember the beating I got for that! Anyway, Stratton at first tried to eat it, then he squeezed it (it was actually still alive when we left!) and eventually decided he was scared of it and didn't want to touch it anymore! Can you see his bloody toe on his left foot? He stumped it and it didn't even phase him!

IMG_3145IMG_3143IMG_3141IMG_3144

IMG_3142IMG_3146

2 comments:

kristen g. said...

Ewwww. I feel like I don't even know you. Baby frogs?! Gross.
Youre lucky you're so cool now. :) haha.

amber leann said...

LOL!!! You are too funny Kristen!! My dad built me a special wooden house to keep my frogs in!! Hee hee!