4.09.2010

Whew! TGIF!!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. So, last night my mom and dad came to Jonesboro and we took them out to eat for her bday, We ran to the mall and then went to Olive Garden (it's fairly new in town, for those of you who don't live here, and it's always packed!) and we only had to wait 20-30 minutes! Stratton was awful after we sat down! He acted like "he had never been out in public before" (in Jarrod's exact words) I know the people sitting beside us were so [not] happy. My guess is he was tired and hungry- not a good combination! But still! I was mortified! I don't want to be "those people" that bring in the fussy baby and everyone else just looks at like "thanks for ruining our evening". . . . I guess I should be thankful that this is the first time he has acted this way in public! I am spoiled since he is always so good!

Then Matt & Carla came over and picked up their puppy. It was a little sad separating them, but they promised they would bring him back to play soon. The other puppy did great last night! If she cried at all, we didn't hear it! I was really worried that she would whine and cry all night, so I was pleasantly surprised!

I am SO glad that today is Friday. My mom isn't working today so they took S home with them last night, and will probably bring him back Saturday afternoon. Which means if Jarrod doesn't work late tonight [crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath] we might actually get to spend some time together- I am thinking a trip to the movies might be in the cards, we got a gift card for our birthday and haven't used it yet. And maybe a trip to Lowes (seriously, I don't think I have been to Lowes since S was born!).  Tomorrow Jarrod will probably have to work again (ugh, more overtime--thanks, Entergy) but I really want to start working out in my yard, since I don't have to be anywhere Saturday morning. So, if I can pull myself out of bed in the morning, I need to pull weeds and move a couple of bushes then I would like to plant some colorful annuals and re-mulch. We have a birthday party for Olivia (S's girlfriend-haha) Saturday evening. I am sure I will have some cute pics to post from that party!!

Have a great weekend!!

Also, Say a prayer for me. . . .Monday is "D-Day". . . Daycare Day that is!!

4 comments:

Kayce said...

This "behavior" must run in the family!! Cooper decided that he wanted to LAY in the floor at Sherwin Williams this morning. Seriously!!! I even tried to bribe him but it didn't work. You will survive Monday. Stratton loves to be around people and other children so he will have it made! If it makes you feel better, then call several times throughout the day to check on him.

kristen g. said...

I want a picture of you pulling weeds. For real. :)

Every baby has a bad night now and then, don't feel bad!

Shea said...

We've experienced the public meltdowns a couple of times. Not fun but it happens to everyone, I'm sure!

amber leann said...

Yes it does happen to everyone at some point & time. Just be glad that this has been his only one! I can't say the same, as you well know, ha! Praying for a smooth transition for S (and you)on Monday!