6.17.2009

Two days down. . .

First let me say that the "A" key on my lap top is not working properly. You have to hit it really hard for it to work? So, if my posts contain words that lack an "a" it's because I am not hitting it hard enough. And I haven't been able to get Live Writer downloaded properly, so the formatting is messed up. . . Today wraps up the 2nd full day on bed rest. I got up when Jarrod did this morning and tested my blood sugar and ate breakfast. I am afraid if I continue to sleep in like I did yesterday, I won't sleep at night and I already don't sleep well at night so I don't need any more problems! I think if I get up at normal time and take short naps during the day maybe I won't get my sleep schedule to messed up. If the doctor tells me that bed rest looks like something I will have to deal with for the rest of the pregnancy I will have to get on some sort of schedule. So far I haven't been experiencing much back pain. Which is a relief. I am trying to stay in bed as much as possible. I have been a little sick to my stomach, but I figure that is from the antibiotics I am on, or just the combination of all the vitamins and meds I m taking. Besides getting up to go to the bathroom, to get a drink or a snack I pretty much stay in bed. Jarrod has been so great. Last night he came home from work and cooked us a great supper (grilled pork chops, baked beans and mixed veggies) then cleaned up the kitchen, did my laundry and cleaned part of the house. I feel really bad that I can't help. I hate to see him working so hard at the stuff I am used to doing. I already miss cooking. . . now the cleaning maybe not so much! Tonight he has gone to church, another thing I will miss out on. In our Sunday morning class we just started doing the Ten Commandments of Marriage and I was really looking forward to it, so that is just another thing I am bummed about. It just really hit me today that I may not be able to get out and do anything, besides going to the dr, again till I have this baby! Hopefully, things will get better and the Dr will at least let me get out, if even just for an hour or two, a couple times a week. Think of it, no work, no church, no shopping. . . the list goes on and on. And to make it worse Father's Day is Sunday and we had planned to go to Searcy Friday night, and HR on Saturday and Sunday for family get togethers. I know everyone will understand if I can't go anywhere but it just stinks to be missing out.

3 comments:

kristen g. said...

It's probably a good idea to get on a "normal" schedule, sleep less during the day and hopefully more at night. I skipped my nap today for that very reason.
I'm sorry you're feeling lonely and missing out on things already, we are praying that you will be good to go very soon and have a healthy full term baby! Love ya.

amber leann said...

I honestly can't imagine what you are going through. We all take for granted how much we CAN do. It seems so nice to be able to just stay in bed, but once it has to be done, it is really no fun at all! I really would like to come visit one day next week if you are up to it. No kiddos either just us girls! Let me know a day that works for you!

ruralandproud said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope that you can get some good reading done. If I were you, I would make a list of books I always wanted to read and send someone off to the Library! Best wishes for a better turn of events.