6.16.2009

and it just keeps getting worse. . .

What a week?! Things have gone from bad to worse! If you haven't heard by now, I have been put on bed rest. I went to the Dr yesterday because I was sure I had a uti, well it turns out the back pain and other symtoms might have actually been labor related. I was dilated about a centimeter and so they put me on a monitor to check the baby's heart rate and to see if I was having any contractions. She told me that if I was having contractions I would have to go to the hospital, thankfully I wasn't having any contractions and the baby looks great so she just send me home with instructions to stay off my feet as much as possible. I have another appointment on Friday, I assume she will check me again to see if I have progressed or (hopefully)if it looks like things might be closing back up. She told me to expect to be on bed rest at least for a couple of weeks. The best case senario would be for things to close back up and I stop having back pain and then I can maybe go back to work and be off bed rest. The worst case would be that things continue to progress and I will have to stay on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, which if I make it to my due date will be another 9 weeks! That just sounds impossible! I am thankful that I wasn't contracting, I'd much rather be here at home in bed than in a hospital bed. Please keep us in your prayers. I am doing pretty good, but since the dr told me no housework or even laundry, Jarrod may need the most prayers!

3 comments:

amber leann said...

Well I offered once, and will offer plenty more times, lol. If you need me to do ANYTHING AT ALL, please don't hestitate to CALL!!! You are defiantly in our thoughts and prayers!!! Luv ya!

Shea said...

Praying for you. I was on partial bedrest for just a few weeks and it was tough. I know being on full bedrest must be miserable! At least it's summertime and lots of people are home! It can get really lonely otherwise. Let me know if I can do something to help!

kristen g. said...

I wish I could do something for you! I will definitely be praying.