3.03.2009

We've made it to week 16!!

Four months down! It's really hard to think that we are almost to the half way mark?! I have been feeling really good, considering. This crazy weather isn't helping my allergies, but it's that time of year, I guess.  I am really having trouble with my pants fitting. I now have a total of 3 pairs of maternity pants.  I surrendered! I need some more though, three doesn't go very far! The Bella Band is ok, it's not as comfortable with jeans but it works well with thinner dress pants.

I had another Dr. appointment Friday afternoon and it went fine. Dr. Layton was able to find the baby's heart beat easily this time and it was strong 157.  I have gained a total of 7 lbs, which is supposed to be a completely normal amount, but I don't like getting on that scale and seeing it! We were in and out in like 20 mins! She said it shouldn't be too much longer before I will be able to feel the baby moving, that will be really weird! She also told us that the next time we come they will do an ultrasound to examine the baby's anatomy. . . which means will get to find out if it's a boy or a girl! We sat up our next appointment for Friday, March 27th! I can't wait!  I won't have blood work for a couple  more visits, since we are forgoing all the genetic testing. Which is so nice, I hate giving blood. Unfortunately, my appointment in April will include the glucose test, which I have heard HORRIBLE things about and I am dreading it already!!

Saturday we didn't do much at all, I slept late and took a nap! It started snowing about 1:30 I couldn't believe how fast it was coming down, it wasn't long before the ground was covered. By the time we got ready to leave for Stephen and Kayce's at five I bet we had a good 2-3 inches.  We went to a first birthday party for my cousin Kayce's little boy, Cooper.  We ate BBQ and cake and watched Cooper (or Kayce, I guess did all the work) open his many presents.  It was still snowing when we left the party at 8:30! And the roads and overpasses were getting a little slippery. We decided to run into Walmart and get a few things in case we didn't have church and needed to stay in on Sunday. It was actually not very busy, I was pleasantly surprised.  It was soooo cold with the snow coming down so hard! I bet we got a total of 3-5 inches at our house. I really wish I had taken some pictures, it was really pretty.

Sunday we didn't have bible class, it was canceled due to the snow and worship service didn't start till 10am, so we got to sleep in a little again! I took another nap Sunday afternoon, too. When I woke up from my nap I felt horrible, I knew it was a sinus headache but didn't think much about it. Then we went to evening worship and out to eat with some friends.

Yesterday morning when I woke up I felt like I had been hit by a train. My throat was sore, nose was stuffy, and I had a headache. So, I took a benedryl and tylenol and went back to bed! I slept most of the morning and kept taking meds every four hours. By that afternoon I was feeling much better.  Which was good, because I would have been devastated to miss the party last night. We had a small "going away" party for my friend Amanda. She and baby Landon, will be joining Brian, her husband,  in North Carolina this weekend. It was fun just to sit around and talk. And it was sad when it was time to leave, it's just not going to be the same without them. . . but I know that they will be back visiting before too long!

3 comments:

amber leann said...

Awww, feeling the baby move for the first time is AWESOME!!! It will come before you know it. AND I have to say the glucose test wasn't bad to me at all. So maybe it won't be for you either. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kayce said...

I didn't think the glucose test was bad. It wasn't the best drink ever but manageable!!!

Shea said...

The glucose test really isn't that bad. I had the oranage flavor and it was just like really sweet orange soda. I did fail the 1st one and had to go back...the 2nd test isn't so fun--3 hours of sitting and getting blood drawn every hour. Hopefully you'll pass the first time! You will LOVE feeling the baby move. I love having Madden here but miss that feeling!