1.16.2008

Rest and relaxation here we come!

 header_directions Since January 27th will be our 8th anniversary as a couple (wow!), and since it seems like there's never enough time to just chill out, we have booked a room at our favorite b&b, Look Out Point Lakeside Inn, in Hot Springs for the weekend!

Lookout Point holds many good memories for us, it is where Jarrod proposed and where we ended up spending our honeymoon after hurricane Wilma intruded on our Mexico trip!

I am really looking forward to having a weekend with no agenda, no house to clean, no food to cook or laundry to do,  I can actually relax! Yeah!

header_photos

It's also going to be a good time for us to talk about the upcoming year and make some important decisions about the future.

Here is a picture of the room we will be staying in. . . Possum Grape. . . we've stayed in all but 6 of the rooms. Every time we go, we try to book a different  one so that someday we can say we've stayed in all 10!

rooms_possumgrape

possumgrapebody 

We've never been in the winter, so we may stay in and watch movies and read all weekend. The cold may prevent us from getting out much! I think it would be cool if it snowed, but there is little chance of that happening!

If you ever have opportunity to get away for a few days,  I highly recommend Lookout Point. The inn keepers Ray and Kristie are the nicest people you'll ever meet. They are there when you need them, whether to take care of an issue with the room or just help you find a place to have dinner, but they know you are there for rest and do their best to accommodate that need. They are just the best. The inn in itself is a work of art (especially if your like me and LOVE craftsman style architecture) it is like the house of my dreams only WAY larger! All the rooms are named after towns in Arkansas, and each is decorated differently, all very tastefully with a hint of whimsy. I can't forget to mention the food. The homemade gourmet breakfast is served every morning in the dining room and it never fails to impress me. Jarrod loves the strawberry soup, I like the bacon artichoke frittatas. But whatever we have it is always wonderful and worth getting out of bed for!

I know your jealous, right? Don't worry we'll be thinking about you while we're sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs, soaking up the sunset as it sets on the lake . . .

4 comments:

kristen g. said...

The type A safety freak in me is begging you to password protect your blog so some stranger doesnt know where to find you this weekend. Or rather, whose house to target this weekend?
This has been a public safety announcement. Courtesy of Kristen.

Christina Staggs said...

Ok, I did it. I will forward all the nasty emails I'll get for doing this to you! haha!

kristen g. said...

Better than a nasty break-in or worse, someone stalking you all the way to the possum grape room! :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Christina @ Cookies are my Canvas said...

I hope you guys are having fun!! We'll take care of your babe tomorrow!

Your relaxation spot looks quite lovely!