1.16.2008

New Year. . . New list.

My 2008 Resolutions:

1. Laugh everyday, I'm sure it will be mostly at myself.

2. Spend more time in prayer.  It's so easy to get busy and forget, I have to make the time this year.

3. Study the Bible everyday and try to keep up nightly devotional and prayer with Jarrod.

4. Lose 10lbs! Ha! It's a long shot but it's a worthy and attainable weight-loss goal.

5. Eat better, less mac & cheese and more salads! ugh.

6. Smile more, even when it hurts! Even in the morning before I get my coffee. . .

7. Save more money! again, ugh.

8.  Take vitamins everyday, uh. . .starting tomorrow!

9. Talk less, and listen more. It's sooooo hard for me to to!

10. Worry less,  especially about things I cannot change. I need to accept that God is in control and put my trust in him.

2 comments:

kristen g. said...

My FAVORITE song right now is "what i cannot change" by--who else--LeAnn Rimes. I have listened to it over and over, and I still tear up thinking about how selfish it is to worry about things I cannot change. I'm also going to work on allowing God to take over and let go of things I can't control.
And good luck with vitamins and less mac and cheese...mmm...mac and cheese!

Christina Staggs said...

Get out! I LOVE that song, I told Jarrod it's my new theme song! haha! I almost cried the first time I heard it! Don't you love (or sometimes hate)that when a song really touches what is going on in your life or what you're struggling with!

Thanks for the encouragement! If you can do it, then I can at least give it a try, right??