12.24.2014

Christmas Eve with the Wilson’s

This year was different. But we made it though and had a good time despite the sadness we all felt. There were only a few tears shed and overall it wasn’t as hard as I had anticipated. Grandma would have been proud, we had a dressing cook-off and there were 4 or 5 different ones. No one really said who they thought was the best. . . probably best that way! Ha! I made mine using her recipe and method to the letter. Thankfully, I was able to spend time in her kitchen and learned her method! There’s more to a good pan of dressing than just the recipe!

Our cute kids!

DSC_0671

The Great-Grands

DSC_0677

L-R: Wilson, Arden, Stratton, Alexa, Riley, Logan, Kayden, and Adrian holding baby Darcy

So, after the kids open their presents, we all sit around the rec room in a big circle and play dirty santa. Dillon got the best gift of the night. . .a funny trucker hat and camo rain jacket (that was WAY too little for him) and some other fabulous prizes! Ha! He wore it well, I think! There were some good ones this year! I ended up with the elusive outhouse music box but I was #1 so I got to go again at the end and got rid of it!! I ended up taking home one of the gifts we brought.

Stratton took these of Uncle Dillon. . .

DSC_0681

DSC_0683

We left Hickory Ridge about 9pm and headed home! I brought the kids PJ’s to change into since I figured they would go to sleep on the way home! Arden was asleep before we got out of town! They were tired!! When we got home, Stratton and I sprinkled the reindeer food on the front yard and made a plate of cookies for Santa (Aunt Christina had made us special sugar cookies to give to santa! They Hang on the side of a cup- so cute!) and made him some Chocolate milk! Then off to bed to wait for Santa to come!!

No comments: