8.07.2013

A little of this and that

We’ve been busy this past week. But thankfully we don’t have much going on this weekend and the kids are heading to Searcy tomorrow to spend a few days with Nan and Pa before school starts and Nan has to go back to work! We may try and sneak off to Memphis or Little Rock before going to pick them up on Saturday. The Kirksey family reunion is Sunday, so we will all have to be back for that!

Thursday I took Arden to her 1 year/birthday/smash cake session. I didn’t cry. . .I really didn’t have time to! We did 3 outfits and backgrounds including the smash cake and clean up in about 45 minutes! The girl is just a ham! She did so great and smiled the entire time! Such a change from how Stratton was as a baby (and still is!) who would never smile!! I thoroughly enjoyed this experience! And I had some help, my mom came and good thing, too! Arden is a hand full!! She’s so busy that it took one person standing beside her and putting her back in place constantly- my job was to try to keep her from pulling her hair bows out! I think there are going to be some great pictures! I can’t wait to see them. . .but I’m sure it will be a couple of weeks, waiting is so hard!

Behind the scenes. . .

IMG_0699

Gorgeous cake my mom made! LOVE it!!

IMG_0696cropped

IMG_0703

Surprise! She likes cake- A LOT!!

IMG_0706

Just so you know cake was “everywhere” and she smelled like cake even after a bath!

The “Mean Face”

{This one was taken by the photographer, she put it on FB}

IMG_0711

We get such a kick out of watching the kids play and wrestle. I’m fairly sure this time next year Arden will be beating up on Stratton. She already pushes him around!

IMG_0712

Whatever Stratton is playing with or on- Arden wants it too! And she gets MAD when he doesn’t let her! I have been telling him that if he wants her to leave his stuff alone he needs to go to his room and shut the door, she’s too young to understand she can’t play with stuff he has out. Well, he doesn’t like to play in his room alone so he usually just gives in and lets her play with his stuff or moves on to something else! He really is a great big brother and usually likes her to play with him and tries to “teach” her things. She can be a bully, so I am interested to see how this dynamic works out in the future!

IMG_0713

IMG_0714

I was sick most of the week and finally went to the Dr. Friday morning. Sure enough, I had a sinus infection and I got a z-pak and some cough meds. We had planned to go to Searcy Friday night and drop the kids off at Jarrod’s parents and then he and I were going to Little Rock and spend the night (just to get away for a night does us so much good!) But since I was sick we decided not to go. Boo. We did go to Searcy Saturday afternoon for Terry’s birthday dinner. We had a good time and Stratton had lots of fun playing with Archer!

Arden rode the tricycle with some help!

IMG_0718

No words. . . .

IMG_0717

Arden, always has her blanket!

IMG_0719

She’s constantly on the move!

IMG_0721

No comments: