7.11.2011

Stratton's New Room

For his birthday, his gift from us was a room make-over. .  .which included getting rid of the crib- so bittersweet. I had so much fun decorating it and finding all the "stuff" to tie it together! I got my inspiration from the bedding, which we got at Pottery Barn Outlet for a great price!! Stratton LOVES anything to do with tractors, backhoes, or any big machines, so I made art (pictures and wallcling all cost less than $100!)that matched the bedding and also used the vinyl cutter at work to make some wall graphics. We found the blue storage unit and storage unit with the tubs at Target (on sale!) I picked up nick-nacks here and there, and some ladies at church who go antique shopping every Thursday found me the blue night stand (it was $15?!) I think we did really good and probably spend less than $500 on everything! We worked on it most of the afternoon on Sunday (I did have to leave because I was a hostess at a shower Sunday afternoon) and then I stayed up late last night. We are planning on surprising him with it tonight. He went home with my mom and dad Saturday night after his party so we could get it all done. I can't wait to see his reaction!!

DSC_0784

DSC_0777

DSC_0775

DSC_0786

DSC_0773

DSC_0781

DSC_0780

 

No comments: