11.28.2010

It's Christmas time!

IMG_3597

Stratton is ready for Santa in his red and green pj's!

So, I think it's a little mean to put up a Christmas tree with a 1 year old in the house, I mean all the glittery balls and sparkly ornaments look like toys to a toddler! Never the less, I have put up our tree. We thought last year that we would buy a bigger one at the end of the season at a sale, but never got around to it. So here we are year #5 with the skinny little tree yet again! Don't get me wrong I think it's great. . .just a little small for our big living room. In preparation for the damage our little guy could do to the poor unsuspecting, adorned fir tree, I did go and buy new (unbreakable) ornaments. I thought, why risk losing my pretty, expensive, glass ones to a 3 foot tornado?? So, I bought a big box of them at Sam's and then found some more at Target, then added in the homemade ones that my Nanny made me years ago and Ta-Da!! Our new kid friendly tree! We are trying to keep him from pulling them off, but at least if he gets one by us I don't have to worry about it breaking!

IMG_3605

IMG_3602

IMG_3603

IMG_3604

Fa-la-la-la-la. . . . 27 days till Christmas!

1 comment:

Shea said...

Good luck with the tree. I can't tell you how many "balls" M has removed and thrown across the room. Thank goodness for shatterproof, right?!