4.26.2010

My doctor appointment and the weekend

I had a doctor's appointment last Thursday afternoon, and as it happens I was feeling Horrible. Sore, scratchy throat, I was running a little low fever and just felt bad. He checked me out and said I had Strep throat (and no he didn't swab me-Jarrod wants me to be clear) so I guess he just saw the back of my throat (it must have looked bad) and assumed that with my symptoms I had strep. But we can't be positive that is what it is. . . Either way, he put me on an antibiotic. He decided to keep me on the same stomach medicine right now, since it does seem to be getting somewhat better, he wants to see me back in a month. Anyway,things with me went from bad to worse, I felt horrible Friday and most of the weekend. And then when I did start feeling better it didn't take long to wear me out! I am back at work today, but not feeling so great. Stratton on the other hand seems to be doing much better! He still has a runny nose and some coughing, but acts like he feels a lot better.

Friday night I convinced Jarrod to run me into Hobby Lobby so that I could get somethings so I could work on Jennifer's shower while I was inside feeling crummy. . .well while we were there the tornado sirens went off and we had to go to the back of the store to wait together. It was a little frightening. I mean Hobby Lobby is NOT a place you want to be in the midst of a tornado! Think of all that ceramic and iron stuff!! Well it was no big deal and we just stood in the back for about 5 minutes until it past and then we went right on back shopping. We weren't in there very long at all, but when we got there it hadn't started raining yet and by the time we left the parking lot was flooded!

Saturday we pretty much took it easy. And I stayed in all day Sunday. I definitely  wasn't going to church and share my germs! Jarrod left this morning going to Harrison. He will be gone till Friday night. I hope I can handle Stratton by myself! He has been a handful lately!

Here are some pictures from last week, when we gave Sadey a bath and let her stay in the house for awhile, till she dried off good. She was so good letting me bathe her and then we used the blow dryer on her. She wasn't a fan of that, but at least she let us (yes, that part took both of us) dry her for a few minutes! She spent the most of the time in the house chasing the cat. Or should I say "stalking" the cat. . . 

IMG_2623

IMG_2624

As you can see, she doesn't get too close to Taki- I think she's been swatted a few too many times and has learned her lesson! She confiscated one of Taki's toys, the cat doesn't play with it anyway! It's a stuffed fish with a squeaker inside. Isn't she cute carrying it around?! She has already grown so much in the last few weeks!

 IMG_2619IMG_2620

4 comments:

kristen g. said...

Those are so funny! I can't wait to play with your puppy and your baby. hahaha, that looks weird typed out. :) You know what I mean.

kali said...

Sadey is so adorable. If she needs a "play-date," Caesar & Lady will be happy to entertain! :-)

amber leann said...

Soooo cute!!! Such a lucky girl...cute baby & a cute puppy!!!

Christina Staggs said...

Sadey is cute, but she is about to get a beat down!! Kali I think I need you guys to come help us!! She is crazy!! I know that she is just a puppy, but my gosh. . . we can't get her to stop biting, or more like chewing on people and jumping on Stratton! I think She will eventually calm down, but in the meantime she is CONSTANTLY getting told "NO!" and I know she is going to think that is her name she hears it so often!