9.25.2009

Happy Boy!

IMG_1477 

We are seeing a lot of smiles lately, and a few times I think I am hearing what is soon to be a laugh. . .we'll see.

So, as most of you know I am not a "baby-talking" kind of person, however it's amazing the things you will do and say to get your baby to crack a smile. . . even just a little one! 

Why is it that he is a ball of smiles until I turn the camera on??

IMG_1476

[thanks for the cool pj's Nan! We love Zutano!]

IMG_1486

[I think this picture is funny!]

Stratton slept through the night 2 nights in a row this week! On Tuesday and Wednesday night, and we were shocked! Boy could I get used to that. . .but of course last night he woke up right on schedule at 3am. Jarrod has had to work late almost every night this week and I have learned that it isn't easy doing it without him at night. Whew! I gave him a bath by myself for the first time and it wasn't too bad, but it's definitely easier with two hands! Poor Jarrod I don't think he even got to see Stratton on Tuesday. I had him bathed and put down way before Jarrod got home (at 10:30) and he wasn't about to wake him up! There isn't much else going on with us. Just work and taking care of Stratton. Jarrod asked me the other day if it was just him or did it seem like the time between when we get home from work and the time we go to bed seemed like it was shorter now days. . .uh, yeah!  We don't have the luxury of doing things on our schedule anymore!  We started a new evening schedule and have been putting Stratton down around 9pm, after feeding him (usually around 8pm) we do the whole "night routine" of a bath, lotion, jammies, read a book and then we swaddle him and put him in his crib while he is still awake. I hope that having a routine will be a contributor to him sleeping through the night more! 

2 comments:

kristen g. said...

Oh he is so sweet! I just love him, and I'm so glad you posted a video :)

Shea said...

Too cute! Aren't those smiles the best?!