8.20.2009

Week 5 with Stratton

We had such a great weekend. The baby shower in Searcy on Saturday was really nice. We received  a lot of gifts!! Stratton got a rocking cow (not a horse a cow. . . it's so cute), a swing, a bathtub (yay!) and lots of clothes and toys and other good stuff!! Stratton got to meet lots of family Saturday afternoon at Terry and Margie's house. We stayed the night at my mom and dad's and my mom got up with him so we could sleep. . .ahhh so nice! Sunday we took Stratton to church at Hickory Ridge. We just got there late and left early to avoid a crowd of people that I am sure would want to see him and might want to touch on him. Then we went to my grandma and grandpa's house for lunch and celebrated my Aunt Kay's birthday. Stratton got to meet more family. Before we headed back to Jonesboro Sunday night we took Stratton by to visit Nanny and Papa, and they were glad to see him again. Nanny like us to put him in the bed with her and I guess he likes it too because he went right to sleep.

We haven't done much so far this week. Stratton has been really fussy and not eating as well. I have managed to clean a little and I rearranged the living room furniture (and I got in trouble for that, too). Mostly we've just been hanging out.

Stratton loves to lay on his tummy.

  IMG_1349

I rearranged the living room (can you tell I am starting to feel like myself again) to accommodate the new rocker recliner we got back in June. It's going to take some getting used to, and I think I need a new larger rug. . . what do you think??

   IMG_1354 

Jarrod is such a good Daddy,he's not a bit afraid of those stinky diapers!

IMG_1356

We have to wrap him up in a swaddling blanket so he will sleep.

IMG_1363

Tomorrow night we are going to a Redbird's baseball game in Memphis with some friends. I am excited to get out and do something fun! Other than that we don't have anything planned for the weekend. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and hopefully will get the "all clear".

2 comments:

amber leann said...

YAY so maybe I can come see him this weekend!!! Let me know your plans for Saturday!!!

kristen g. said...

I love the picture of him all swaddled, it cracks me up..but hey whatever helps him sleep right??

I like the layout of the LR, but I agree with you on the rug size. Boo. I know it took you forever to find a rug that you liked and was the right color scheme last time. Good luck with that search! It looks fine though, so I wouldn't put it in the #1 priority spot or anything.