7.24.2008

an uneventful update

There really hasn't been much going on with us this in the last few weeks.  I am stressed about some projects at work and by the time I get home I'm just exhausted, and Jarrod is tired from working out in the heat all day, so we really haven't been doing much but here is an uneventful update .  . .

Jarrod's softball days are over, at least until next year! Their tournament was a nightmare! To make a long story short they ended up having to play three games in one night! It was ridiculous! But it's over and no one was seriously injured, so it was a good season!

Jarrod hurt his back working on cleaning my car (so, it's my fault he is hurt. . . ) and was having some problems for a few days. As much as I hate to admit this, because he really was in a lot of pain. . .it was funny to see him try to bend over, or sit down or put on his pants/shoes/ect. . . He wouldn't even let me help him! He'd say "I CAN DO IT!!" Ha! What a stubborn, hard headed man! He's much better now and hopefully that won't happen again anytime soon!

Friday night we went and ate at Upper Crust, which is becoming something of a Friday night ritual for us! Then I needed to get a few things from Hobby Lobby, and I bought Jarrod a surprise while I was there. . . .

IMG_0276 IMG_0282

a monkey of his very own!!! And it only takes 10 days to grow it!

IMG_0279

When Jarrod and Derek had a house together in college they always talked about getting a monkey for a pet, so I helped fulfill a dream! Ha!

IMG_0290

(I know. . . . we are so silly sometimes!! )

We went to see Mama Mia! this past weekend, and I thought it was great! I had to really watch myself, I wanted to sing along so bad!! I heard Jarrod laugh out loud a few times, but I don't think he really enjoyed it. Oh well, I will probably have to go see Batman this weekend, so we will be even.  Mama Mia! is going to be at The Orpheum Theatre, in November, so we will for sure have to see that! Also, I am so excited that both Wicked (June 24th-July 12th, 2009) and Legally Blonde ( Mar. 3 - Mar. 8, 2009) are coming to Memphis! We will be attending both of those shows, so if you want to go with us, let me know we can carpool!

My friend Amanda (most of you have heard me talk about her) who has a preemie (a sweet baby boy, Landon) at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock, had a baby shower at church Sunday.  I was asked by her to be the event photographer with her camera, so I didn't get any pictures of my own.  But it was really fun, she got SO much stuff. Landon was 2lbs 3 oz when he was born and in just 5 weeks he is now weighing in at 3 lbs 4 oz! He will be coming home before they know it! Here are some of the things I made for her, you can see more on my dp blog. . .

IMG_0226 IMG_0271

We went to HR Tuesday night for gospel meeting. We went by and visited with my Nanny and Papa and then went out to my mom and dad's house for supper, that was a late night!! I am still recovering! ha! You know me one late night throws me off for a week! And I won't get to catch up on my sleep Saturday morning. my sil Brandye and my friend Carla are graduating from Harding P.A. program Saturday morning at 10am! Then we will probably go out to eat to celebrate. And we are staying in Searcy for the day and having dinner with Jarrod's family for his dad's birthday. And then on Sunday we are getting together with some friends for another birthday/graduation party for Dustin and Carla, whew! We are going to be partied out!

Jarrod and I  had discussed going to Gatlinburg, TN for vacation this year. I haven't been since I was little and Jarrod has never been. But with gas being so high, we are not sure if that is what we want to do after all. I wish there was something fun to do relatively close to home, if you have any ideas we are open! We just want to get away for a few days without blowing a lot of $$, if that is even possible?!

4 comments:

amber leann said...

I want to see Mama Mia in Nov.! Maybe we can talk details later.....Looks like you guys will be busy, busy!

kristen g. said...

Hmm I think you should come to south florida for a vacation in the fall :) The rates should go down by then, but there's always casa graham. :)

Laura said...

Tell your friend Amanda, GOOD LUCK!!!!! If she ever wants to talk or compare stories, give her my number.

Anonymous said...

We have to go see legally blonde together! It would be so fun!!! How are you?